Custom Search

Monday, October 13, 2008

THIS JUST IN........

ok this story was actually documented the 22nd of September, but I wasn't sent the link until today. I just want to again, SCREAM!!
I received this today and am still unable to find the words to describe it.
It astounds me how few steps we have actually taken in a world that has come so far.
Is it me or has the world gone to hell?
This story is NOT about politics, political affiliation or the State anyone lives in, as I am POSITIVE no one would want any of these things to be represented by this story, nor would the Great State of Tennessee want all of America to see them through this story teller's eyes.
I only ask that you each read it, think about it and do the right thing every day, every single day to reach out to your neighbors, regardless of race, gender, disability, political affiliation, religion, orientation, whether they have a yellow house or a pink one....let's stop this hatred in America!
This is NOT the image we wish to project to the rest of the WORLD......is it?
note...that while the following blog post is a true-life account it is graphic and disturbing
http://progressives.blogspot.com/2008/09/sad-night-in-tennessee.html

3 comments:

KyDust said...

Ugh, as terrible as that story was I totally believe it. This is exactly why I stay out of politics as much as possible. I can't stand all of the fighting it causes because from a third view point, it seems so childish to watch and listen to. I hate all of the arguing!!! That's my number one reason for not wanting to be political at all.

Jack said...

Ky I totally get your disgust and distaste for politics, but this story is about sooo much more. I don't see it as about politics at all, the unfortunate, horrific basis of it is about race!
The epithats these morons were spewing had nothing to do with party lines, and thats the part I find so appalling!!
I mean, this is 2008!! wtf!
I hope others will read this poor families account & come to realize that HATE has no place in politics, our lives or in America!

RedWing said...

Jack,

I want to thank you for sharing my wife and I's experience in Tennessee. It has affected our lives forever.

Kyzac,

While I appreciate your disdain for arguing and bitterness, you must understand that politics help shape all of our future. To not be political is to not take advantage of your rights as a citizen. So, if you choose to remain "non political" this, in essence, doesn't give you the right to complain when our government screws up. :)

Thanks again Jack.